Natural Methyl Eugenol
  • Natural Methyl EugenolNatural Methyl Eugenol

Natural Methyl Eugenol

Natural Methyl eugenol's cas code is 93-15-2

Send Inquiry

Product Description

Natural Methyl eugenol Basic information


Product Name:

Natural Methyl eugenol

CAS:

93-15-2

MF:

C11H14O2

MW:

178.23

EINECS:

202-223-0

Product Categories:

INSECT HORMONE

Mol File:

93-15-2.mol



Natural Methyl eugenol Chemical Properties


Melting point 

−4 °C(lit.)

Boiling point 

254-255 °C(lit.)

density 

1.036 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)

refractive index 

n20/D 1.534(lit.)

Fp 

>230 °F

storage temp. 

2-8°C

solubility 

0.5g/l

Water Solubility 

insoluble

Merck 

14,6073

BRN 

1910871

Stability:

Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.

InChIKey

ZYEMGPIYFIJGTP-UHFFFAOYSA-N

CAS DataBase Reference

93-15-2(CAS DataBase Reference)

NIST Chemistry Reference

Benzene, 1,2-dimethoxy-4-(2-propenyl)-(93-15-2)

EPA Substance Registry System

Methyleugenol (93-15-2)


Natural Methyl eugenol Safety Information


Hazard Codes 

Xn

Risk Statements 

22-36/37/38-40

Safety Statements 

26-36/37/39

WGK Germany 

1

RTECS 

CY2450000

HS Code 

29093090

Hazardous Substances Data

93-15-2(Hazardous Substances Data)

Toxicity

LD50 orally in rats: 1560 mg/kg (Jenner)


Natural Methyl eugenol Usage


Chemical Properties

colourless to light yellow liquid

Chemical Properties

Clear colorless to pale yellow liquid. Spicy, earthy odor. Bitter burning taste. This chemical is combustible.

Chemical Properties

Eugenol Methyl Ethe occurs in numerous essential oils, sometimes at a very high concentration. The ether is an almost colorless liquid with a mild-spicy, slightly herbal odor. It is prepared by methylation of eugenol and is used in perfumery (e.g., in carnation and lilac compositions) and in flavor compositions.

Chemical Properties

Eugenyl methyl ether has a delicate clove–carnation odor with a bitter, burning taste.

Occurrence

Reported in the essential oils of Myrtaceae and Luraceae; it was identifed originally in the essential oil from roots of Asarum europaeum L and Asarum canadense L Subsequently, it was identifed as the main constituent of the oil from wood of Dacrydium franklinii Hook (97 5%), in Melaleuca bracteata F v M (leaves, 90 to 95%), in Cinnamomum oliveri Bail (leaves, 90 to 95%), and as a minor constituent in the oils of betel, citronella, Japanese calamus, pimenta, hyacinth, rose, basil, bay, cajeput and others Reported found in heated blackberry, pepper, lovage seed, chervil, lemon balm, alpinia species, clove buds, nutmeg, pepper, mace, tarragon, Ocimum sanctum, laurel, myrtle leaf and berry, rosemary, pimento berry and mastic gum leaf oil

Uses

Fragrance ingredient in perfumes, toiletries and detergents; flavor ingredient in baked goods.

Air & Water Reactions

Insoluble in water.

Reactivity Profile

Methyl eugenol is incompatible with strong oxidizers . May react exothermically with reducing agents to release hydrogen gas.

Hazard

Possible carcinogen.

Fire Hazard

Methyl eugenol is combustible.

Safety Profile

Confirmed carcinogen. Poison by intravenous route. Moderately toxic by ingestion and intraperitoneal routes. A skin irritant. Mutation data reported. Combustible liquid. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. Some other alkenylbenzenes have carcinogenic activity. See also EUGENOL, ALLYL COMPOUNDS, and ETHERS



Hot Tags: Natural Methyl Eugenol, Suppliers, Wholesale, In Stock, Free Sample, China, Manufacturers, Made in China, Low Price, Quality, 1 Year Warranty

Related Category

Send Inquiry

Please feel free to give your inquiry in the form below. We will reply you within 24 hours.